Monday, June 7, 2010

Learnings from Kung Fu Panda - awesome movie :)

Master Oogway

  • One often finds his destiny in the path he takes to avoid it.
  • There are no accidents.
  • Quit. Don't quit. Noodles. Don't noodles. You are too concerned with what was and what will be. There's a saying. Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift that is why it is called the "present".

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shifu: I... I... have... It's a... It's a very bad news.
Oogway: Aah, Shifu. There's just news.There's no good or bad.
Shifu: Master, your vision... Your vision was right. Tai Lung has broken out of prison. He's on his way.
Oogway: That is bad news... if you do not believe that the Dragon Warrior can stop him
Shifu: Panda? Master, that Panda is not the Dragon Warrior. He wasn't even meant to be here. It was an accident.
Oogway: There are no accidents.
Shifu: Yes, I know. You said that already...twice.
Oogway: Well, that's not an accident either.
Shifu: Thrice.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oogway: My friend, the panda will never fulfill his destiny, nor you yours until you let go of the illusion of control.
Shifu: Illusion?
Oogway: Yes.
[points at peach tree]
Oogway: Look at this tree, Shifu: I cannot make it blossom when it suits me nor make it bear fruit before its time.
Shifu: But there are things we *can* control: I can control when the fruit will fall, I can control where to plant the seed: that is no illusion, Master!
Oogway: Ah, yes. But no matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree. You may wish for an apple or an orange, but you will get a peach.
Shifu: But a peach cannot defeat Tai Lung!
Oogway: Maybe it can, if you are willing to guide, to nurture it, to believe in it.
Shifu: But how? How? I need your help, master.
Oogway: No, you just need to believe. Promise me, Shifu, promise me you will believe.

1 comment:

Mirko said...

Alternative formulation: often you can find the main entrance where you could not expect not even the wall.