Friday, March 1, 2013

Gratitude

I'm grateful to God and life for providing me the following

# for providing me such loving parents who selflessly cook, daily help and care for myself, wife and their grand kid

# for giving me a very sweet loving wife who understands, takes extreme care of my son and helps in innumerable ways, and who gave me the privilege of becoming a father

# for giving me a loving little son who has kept everyone happy and busy at home and for promoting me to a role of a father, who is my stress reliever every day when I see him hug me

# for giving me great colleagues at work who are passionate about making a difference in the life of our customers / patients, some who are very technically inclined and talented, some who are extremely good in planning and strategy

# for giving me loving friends both local and international (my loving friend from Italy and a few more in the US) who enlighten me of things which I'm ignorant about, with whom I can talk anything under the sun comfortably, and enjoy couple drinks and feel great

# my employer for giving me the sustenance and money for keeping us going and also for providing me a playground for exhibiting and improving my skills and talents and things which I love doing. Its such a beautiful campus with so much nature and greenery around.

# The great mature souls in this world whom I have met or read about them in their books namely : Satguru Sivaya Subramuniya Swamy: the ultimate guru of mine who taught me everything including this gratitude which is pouring from my heart, my current guru Sri Bodhinatha Swami who made my Sadhana steady and made me understand the subtle aspects which I had always overseen during worship of God, Swami Ramakrishnananda who made me understand the true meaning of meditation, Srila Prabhupada who taught me how to love Krishna and introduced me to bhakti yoga, Baba Ram Dass who introduced me to the world of psychedelics, loving unconditionally, his great experiences with his guru Maharaj in India during the 1960s and how different paths converge to spirituality.

# for giving me wonderful and loving siblings and cousins who are extremely talented and persistent in life in whatever they do.

Yes, I'm extremely grateful to all these blessed mature souls who have taught me how to live and love and also to those not so mature souls who have also by their example taught me what not to do and how not to live. Yes all are our teachers, some teach us what to do, some teach us what not to do.

Finally my sincere thanks to Lord Siva, the life within my life, who created this beautiful world of experiential learning's, for creating the law of cause and effect - karma, for helping souls advance in their own way by making mistakes, repeating mistakes, learning that they have been repeating mistakes and thereby come out wise.

Last but not the least thanks to the loving Lord Ganesha who guides me everyday by sitting within the muladhara chakra.

Aum Namah Sivaya

No comments: