Monday, March 17, 2008

The Second Superconscious experience

Last night i had a wonderful super-consciousness experience, it was around 3 a.m when this happened. I want to remember this experience so i want to put it here, as i remember it clearly now. By definition, we enter the super-conscious mind when awareness is not attached to anything in the subconscious mind. In other words, when awareness remains as pure awareness.


Before i describe that experience i will first write about yesterday evening. I attended the lecture of Swami Sukhabodhananda at Malleshwaram grounds with my cousin. His lecture had a deep impact on me. His Words which still linger in me are


  • It is important to have desire but not attachment. Desire is the spiritual quality which accompanied with will, makes all our inner goals a reality.

  • If I am attached to an object -- it only means i refuse to remain happy without that object. Attachment arises when we come in contact with sense objects and repeat it over a period of time.

  • The enlightened can be compared to the man on top of the hill (mountaintop consciousness) as for him, he can see both the past, present and future simultaneously. Whereas a man on the bottom of the hill is compared to a normal man who is always torn between past and future.

  • Awareness flows through certain chakras during the emotions that we experience. For example: During sexual thoughts awareness flows through the "Muladhara chakra". When reasoning with the intellect -- the " Svadhistana chakra", when in fear of anything, of life, career or of future, a persons awareness is flowing in the "Atala chakra". When in anger, awareness is in "Vitala chakra" and when in jealousy -- "Sutala chakra". When a person is in love with another and experiencing the selfless love feeling, awareness is in the "Anahat chakra". Personally i have experienced/been experiencing all these states in my own life and everyone would at some point of time in their life.

Super consciousness

Just before sleeping, i was trying to detach myself from areas of my mind which i know I'm attached to. This includes people whom i love, places i love, favorable experiences of past, unfavorable ones, the things/people i don't like etc. There are so many and with time i discover more, more things which i thought didn't matter to me but in reality i was really attached. This was the only simple exercise i did before sleeping, seeing all areas of mind with a detached eye without identifying myself with what i was aware of. i guess this continued in my sleep subconsciously as i don't remember when exactly i fell asleep. The next thing i remember is my breath slowing down to the point of no breathing, mind extremely calm and body extremely relaxed, a high frequency 'eee' sound which i can constantly hear in my brain suddenly became loud, so loud that i was only aware of it and nothing else. I got scared for a moment and opened my eyes and immediately i was back in the conscious mind. Clearly it was not a dream, as after i closed my eyes -- this experience happened many more times, easily 3-4 times. After which i consciously started breathing -- taking deep breaths in order to avoid going to that state. It was scary as it was the first time i consciously entered the super conscious mind, and naturally anything new which is not accustomed to our awareness is scary when it happens the first time.

Moments later i started realizing that entering this super conscious state was happening naturally without any efforts on my part, i was entering a new world with sounds and light, and getting scared by this new experience and withdrawing my awareness to the conscious mind.

The only effort i did -- was to deeply breath so that i do not enter the state due to my being scared of it. Then i woke up completely drank water,became fully conscious of my body -- nervous system to be specific and mind and entered sleep -- next thing i know was i was having random thoughts in the subconscious mind when my alarm rang at 6, and my breath was irregular at that time.

The lesson i learnt from this experience again confirms what my guru used to say, that we should not get afraid of the super conscious mind (which is natural to a beginner in the path of sadhana). It is just another area of the innumerable areas of mind but more refined due to the fact that there is nothing awareness can get attached to in this area of the mind, that's the beauty of this area of mind. in the instinctive and intellectual areas of mind this is not so --- awareness always tends to identify with one or more objects there.

1 comment:

Ruchy-Just Me said...

I am very excited to know that you had this incredible experience, It is not easy to be where you are today becoz some people may take lifetimes to achieve this goal.I know how hard you worked to get here. Thankyou for sharing.