Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Resounding words

 

Restarted reading Merging with Siva which had been disrupted for quite some time due to externalities.

These words from gurudeva have been resounding in my brain since last night.

“We on the spiritual path must work hard at keeping ourselves detached from friends, places, habits. Only then can we keep awareness free enough to travel uninhibitedly through the sublime, inner areas of the mind.”

‘Begin to feel that observation is one of your finest faculties, one that you most cherish. It is the first faculty of the awakening of your superconscious. Mentally say to yourself many times, "I have good observation. Therefore, I am superconscious."’

“That is superconsciousness, and that is very real. More real than a table, a chair, an automobile or a person sitting next to you is this feeling of being an intense sheath of energy right in the eternal moment, with no past, no future. This is superconsciousness.”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been observing that:

1. I havent been able to immerse myself totally in my work as I used to do during my school days.
2. I'm not able to enjoy while I work. Like, many years ago, I used to be very happy while working and studying. But all these years, studyin and workin seems to be a pain.
3. I'm not able to find enthusiasm in most things(including work), except while chanting or while remembering Krishna.
4. Many years ago, I was capable of commanding my mind to accomplish a work that I was supposed to perform. Gradually that command has been *totally* lost. Now, I'm justa puppet under the control of my mind.

It would be very nice, if you could address all these issues from ur learnings from life and your beloved Gurudeva and Lord Shiva. I would like to know if there is anythin which can bring forth that latent enthusiasm gushing forward so that I can immerse myself totallly in my work and set aside all distractions and worries that frequent my mind and not let me be enthusiastic abt my work.

All glories to Shri Hari. Hare Krishna.

That i am said...

Dear friend,

In most cases it is karma that makes a person unenthusiastic about life. A simple prayer to lord Hari at his temple followed by a whole-hearted effort will surely solve your problem. Pls note that Life is meant to be lived joyously. Each work either material or spiritual, small or big has to be done well so that the inner soul is satisfied.

You might want to read my gurudeva's thoughts on willpower by visiting the link below

http://bit.ly/c1xNd


My own experiences about willpower are present at the link below

http://bit.ly/4g7dDR

Aum Nama Sivaya