Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Learnings from USA trip - Part 1

This month has been a lot of travel – which also means a lot of learning's. Travelled from Bangalore –> Mumbai –> Frankfurt –> Chicago –> Wauwatosa, USA.

My Very first Observation

I’m sitting in the Mumbai Airport inside the Indian Airlines Flight to Frankfurt – at the moment Sharath is next to me and i realize that i have forgotten my jacket back in the waiting area. the flight is almost full and getting ready for closing doors. At this moment my mind started speaking that there is no way i can make it back outside and get the jacket. Sharath calmly advised – You may not make it but you should at least try. His comment reminded me of the basic structure of the mind – it likes to believe what it already believes. In other words i was so much actually believing that i would NOT make it back and get the jacket – that i was seeing ways why i would not make it (such as a long queue of people trying to put cabin baggage up which would prevent my exit). At that moment i wanted to challenge my mind – I reversed my belief and told myself – yes, I'm going to go to Frankfurt with that Jacket – come what may !

When i reversed on my belief and meditated on it for a few seconds – I was now looking for solutions on why I can make it - found an alternate route out of the plane and jumped into action. I made it to the exit – then a cop asked me why I’m going out. i informed him that i missed my jacket – he accompanied me to the waiting area and I found my jacket lying there – Thankfully nobody had taken it away. I got it and i made it back into the aircraft and the doors closed after i entered.

This experience explained me the way the mind works – You simply have to believe if you want something. Belief will lead to positive thoughts on how to attain the goal – this in turn will make a person happy in life.

 

No comments: