Thursday, July 28, 2011

Two ways to find the Self

 

Gurudeva explains beautifully the two ways of realizing the Self God within us.

I like the second method and find it particularly effective. Realizing all the time that im not this body, the hands that grasp and type these letters on keyboard – I am NOT, the legs that take me to office, home sit, stand and meditate – I AM NOT, the eyes which see – I AM NOT, the ears which hear – I AM NOT, the tongue which tastes – I AM NOT, nose which smells – I AM NOT. I AM NOT – the five vital breaths which comprises of inhale, exhale etc, Neither am I the reproductive or the excretory organs, I am not even the mind which thinks “I AM NOT”, I am not even the states of mind which are comprised of past impressions or super-consciousness, I am not even the spine which is the seat of awareness. If i’m none of this who am I ?

1 comment:

ME said...

you are simply you.