Thursday, November 10, 2011

Detachment from the ego

As mentioned by Patanjali, ego is when seer identifies himself with the instrument of seeing.
The practice of observation and contemplating in the 'I am not this'  detaches oneself quite well. The first observation which I had when I tried this today is the ego ofcourse.

  • I am not this which fears the unknown.
  • I am not this which gets irritated if someone is not doing what they are supposed to do properly, whether its attending an important call or not attending it.
  • I am not this which gets upset if people take things for granted.
  • I am not this which fears loss of career advancement
  • I am not this which resents someones attitude
  • I am not this which likes to deliver the best.
  • I am not this which thinks its doing good.
  • I am not this which watches favorite TV shows.
  • I am not this which relishes in blogging such thoughts.

Thanks Ramakrishnanada for the beautiful podcasts. Its so clear to me now the underlying human qualities are all the same. Aversion from pain and attachment to pleasure.

1 comment:

ME said...

Relationships with others help us in developing a natural sense of detachment. Alone we cannot succeed, I'm afraid.