Sunday, April 28, 2013

Availability and attention

I practiced these two qualities this week as per my gurus advice and the results are astonishing.

I was able to be an extremely good listener and due to this relationships with peers and family improved. People knew that I listen and was ever available for help. A new energy started building up in me which would never quell. At the busiest times when someone asked me for help, I consciously avoided the feeling of continuation of my work, stopped it and helped the other person. This gave a sort of satisfaction which couldn't be described by words. Also my own work became easier after helping someone.

Lift someone's burden and unknowingly somewhere you will be lifting your own burden. That's what gurudeva said. How fortunate I'm in this life to be associated with a soul like gurudeva. How I wish I had met him directly only once at least?

He lives in me each moment through his books. Thanks gurudeva for a lesson of a lifetime.

No comments: