Sunday, July 6, 2008

Amazing Dream

I could not sleep till late night out of excitement that my parents were returning from Singapore the next day and i was going there early morning to pick them.

But sometime early morning before i got up, i had an amazing dream. Now i know my guru and practice His teachings for nearly 3 years. For the 2nd time in 3 years i could clearly see my guru face to face in my dream. It was more of an astral body meeting than a dream, as i could feel his feet.

I, in my dream with a big million dollar smile when i see him, speak to Him how much i love His teaching, how much it has influenced my life - "Merging with Siva" for a long time now. I tell him how much fortunate I am to meet Him in person which is the rarest of opportunities. And in my mind its the year 2001 when He was still alive on earth. And I'm telling Him thanks for giving me His darshan before His leaving the earthly body. At that point, in that pleasant meeting i am shedding tears in joy seeing my long awaited guru to whom I'm filled with love and who is responsible for whatever i have understood about the world, life and its constant learnings. Who is responsible for everything i am today.

i had been to ISCKON before i met my guru, i had learnt about Ramakrishna Paramahamsa, Vivekananda- before i met my guru, i had learnt about the great devotees of Lord Vishnu -- Ambarisa, Dhruv, Prahllad, Arjun, Hanuman, Mira bai, had read the Gita, but there was something missing -- i didnt know how i could love an un-seen God -- True there are many devotees in history who have loved God, who have set an example of Bhakti, but i was not sure how can i love someone whom i have never seen, never had a conversation with, not even sure existent or non-existent ? I also had many doubts as to why people who do wrong and dont care about anyone other than themselves, I,Me,Myself types -- often grow in life and not the genuinely good souls? It was only this great Guru of Saiva Sampradaya, who was one of the great kings of the Chola Dynasty in one of his previous lives and who as the king built the Chidambaram temple -- He was the one who really dispelled all my doubts with precise answers that i was looking for.

Coming back to the dream. I tell him from my thoughts that He was the one who is responsible to make me understand that the world is my University. All this telepathic conversation happening so fast. So much being conveyed in a short time. Then i see his eyes looking at me and filled with tears flowing. Thats when i realize that how super-sensitive my guru is - a characteristic of a pure devotee. My love overflows for Him and His for me -- and without thinking further, I bow down and touch his feet. I can see his feet isn't touching the ground. Its about two inches above the ground. While I'm observing it, He places both his palm fingers on my backbone to bless me. At that moment -- suddenly i feel a gush of energy entering my body through his fingers. It was one of the most spectacular feelings. The energy was stimulating all the chakras simultaneously. Yet it was unfathomable and i didnt exactly understand what exactly was being received by me.

That sudden gush of energy brought me back into my conscious mind and i woke up from that dream. Tried closing eyes again expecting the wonderful dream to continue but of no avail.

i dedicate the blog post at my gurudeva's feet which is floating in mid air - 2 inches above earth. And pray that He come again and again in my visions to guide me. I will end this post with a beautiful teaching regarding the mind - from my guru, but attempted in my own words.


There is but one mind. The consciousness or the ego travels in its various phases. One-tenth of this mind which is of the conscious plane, in ramification, is carried on by its own novelty. The goal is to control the conscious mind and be consciously conscious.


No comments: