Saturday, February 12, 2011

Time to beat inconsistency

Was watering the plants in the garden at my home, remembered a relative of mine venky mama who has hired a Mali (gardener) to maintain the garden at his place. His garden is beautiful when compared to mine. In mine the plants are almost struggling to stay alive everyday as my watering them has become irregular :) thx to my inconsistency :(

The thing I still need to learn from ppl like v. Mama is that consistency is the key. One of the biggest reasons which differentiate a mediocre from a top talent is simple - the latter has very clear goals imprinted well in his subconscious mind and works consistently to get there whereas the former is irregular in pursuing goals sometimes working hard sometimes losing focus on the goal gaining the same on something else etc.

In the past few weeks I am not living life the way I want to live. I have violated some yamas and niyamas. My master course studies have not been regular to my satisfaction, my habits are not falling in line with the principles of Hinduism, I'm facing failure. Though I am doing well in my job, I know I'm more than what I am currently. It's time I fall in line with the yamas and niyamas now, set clear goals, prioritize the same, set consequences if I fall out of line and beat inconsistency .... and beat karma itself......

--Sent from my H TC HD2

No comments: