Monday, January 18, 2010

Thank and bless those who make you react

We might come across individuals in life who can irritate the hell out of you. They’ll make you angry, sad, depressed, jealous, inferior by behavior as if they are superior.

Naturally the instinctive nervous system feels like giving back to them at the first chance it gets. The trained intellect may intervene and show some toleration. But the ego continues with the reacting within.

I must thank these individuals who make me react this way, because they are providing me knowledge about myself, things i didn't know about myself. If the tendency to react is there in me, then it clearly means that this particular experience was not handled properly in a prior life – which is why life is testing / re-testing me with these experiences now. The individuals who cause it are mere players of the cosmic dance. But they deserve a mental “thanks” for they are bringing out the hidden samskaras or reactionary patterns buried deep within the muladhara chakra.

Life is meant for solving such day to day problems and reactionary experiences – and slowly give up the instinctive life. Then the soul begins to merge with the physical body gurudeva says. These so called problem creating individuals are helping me in my own evolution, so I'm really grateful to them.

Aum Namah Sivaya

No comments: