Sunday, June 5, 2011

Learnings from Ramana Maharshi's Books

Wonderful learnings from Sri Ramana Maharshi's discourses. 
  1. Duality arises with the "I" thought
  2. "I" is the sense of ego - the witness'er
  3. Only when there is a witness there is a witnessed. Thus arises duality.
  4. "I" is the first thought to arise - and the last thought to go.
  5. Constant inquiry into the nature of "I" leads to its destruction leading to the realization of the self.
  6. Whenever a thought comes, or even when experience the "No thought" state - if one inquires - to whom is this thought -- it is clearly observe that the "I" thought is the root cause of different states of mind - including calm states.
  7. "I am he" or 'soham' in sanskrit is another way to bring the mind to its source.
  8. Combined with observance and control of breath - this makes inquiry even more effective
  9. To accomplish something - you only need to believe it. We see only what we believe. 
--
Impossible is Nothing

No comments: