Sunday, June 5, 2011

Reflections on KungFu Panda Quotes


Two things i learn from Kung fu panda - Part 1 quotes.

1. Give up the illusion of control
2. Be firmly rooted in the present - like Master Ooogway :)
3. You just need to "believe" in order to get something done.
 
Oogway: My friend, the panda will never fulfill his destiny, nor you yours until you let go of the illusion of control
Shifu: Illusion? 
Oogway: Yes. 
[points at peach tree
Oogway: Look at this tree, Shifu: I cannot make it blossom when it suits me nor make it bear fruit before its time. 
Shifu: But there are things we *can* control: I can control when the fruit will fall, I can control where to plant the seed: that is no illusion, Master! 
Oogway: Ah, yes. But no matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree. You may wish for an apple or an orange, but you will get a peach. 
Shifu: But a peach cannot defeat Tai Lung! 
Oogway: Maybe it can, if you are willing to guide, to nurture it, to believe in it. 
Shifu: But how? How? I need your help, master. 
Oogway: No, you just need to believe. Promise me, Shifu, promise me you will believe. 



Shifu: Master! I have... it's very bad news! 
Oogway: Ah, Shifu. There is just news. There is no good or bad. 

 
Po: Maybe I should just quit and go back to making noodles. 
Oogway: Quit, don't quit? Noodles, don't noodles? You are too concerned about what was and what will be. There is a saying: yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the "present." 

No comments: